This is another question I find frequently on forums. I've put together a simple list for those who are interested. It's just my opinion, and nothing is really mandatory. I will add to it as I think of more things or get suggestions. Hope this helps!
You'll want basic things to clean and maintain your doll.
- Mr. Clean Magic Erasor or other magic sponge
- Isopropyl alcohol (for cleaning smudges and stuff)
- Elastic- not a must, but handy especially if you're buying second hand
- Eye putty- not a must, but handy to have
- I like my incoming doll to at least have one outfit and pair of shoes that fits. Otherwise, have some sewing supplies handy so your new resin friend isn't naked. Any accessories you want can always come later, but I find them fun so I like to collect lots of them.
- Many dolls come with eyes, but some don't. Try to have a pair of eyes you like that fits your doll.
- Most dolls don't come with wigs, and even if they do they may not be quite what you envision. Try to have a wig or two on hand. Store your wigs in wig nets with balls of cotton or tissue inside to help maintain shape.
- Show the outer shipping box
- Show the inner box
- Show the doll wrapped up
- Show the extras ordered or received
- Show close ups of the doll's face and or body, especially if it's a newer release.
- Some box openings tell a story with photos, text, and dialogue
- Some box openings have other dollie "helpers"
- Often have a cat or pet in the box at the end of the shoot for laughs.