It will probably have some errors, and I'll corect these as I find them or they are pointed out to me. Do you have an experience with customs? Share it in the comments below.
- There are no customs fees on dolls or toys coming into the United States.
- Just because it doesn't cost a US seller customs fees to ship an item out it doesn't mean the foreign recipient will not have customs on their end.
- Goods over $2000 can be charged customs fees.
- Items considered to be in trademark violation can be confiscated and destroyed (long complicated topic and rather dead horse at this point).
- Your individual state does not have different customs regulations than the rest of the country. Idaho has the exact same customs restrictions as New Mexico. That's decided at a national level (though individual states may charge additional sales taxes on internet purchases).
As a gal on facebook suggested (thanks B.B!) you can track packages from the different couriers on universal sites, like packagetrackr.com.